Bicsma’s Vision & Mission
- Bicsma strives, also in the future, to be considered as a party which delivers true quality. This means that it produces high quality soft drinks and fruit juices which are supplied on time according to the agreements made, while the products’ labels contain the proper information.
- Bicsma wants to become the largest independent manufacturer of soft drinks in the Netherlands.
- Bicsma wants to be considered as a supplier which manufactures its products in a sustainable manner.
In order to translate Bicsma’s mission and vision to concrete activities, the company has formulated a number of strategic objectives for the coming years:
- Full market dominance with respect to the production of its house brands.
- Stabilising its Dutch market share and expanding its international market. The Dutch market sales are satisfactory, but the market share is reaching its top and growth is starting to decrease. Sales has been given the task to explore the Belgian market. Initially, the same access channels will be used as those in the Netherlands, but if there are also other approaches to entering this market, these will be considered.
- Bicsma is not interested in entering the markets for mineral water and low alcohol beverages.
- Realising a turnover growth of 14% in 3 years time. This growth can only partly be realised with the current means of production. To achieve the full objective of turnover growth, expansion of the production capacity at the Woerden 2 location is therefore necessary. For the time being, Bicsma has no intention to finance this plan from its own current internal sources, but the possibility of drawing external capital is kept open. Until now, it has been decided to acquire the necessary capital by issuing shares.
- Launching a series of products under its own name to be obtained in every Dutch municipality from at least one or more retailers.
- Acquiring a (re)certification for the HACCP-system, as well as for BRC, ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and OHSAS 18001. The Quality department (one of the staff departments) has been assigned to develop a programme to acquire the desired certificates in a period of two years.
- Extending its production capacity in Woerden to achieve an increase in future turnover.
- Last year, the rate of sick leave was 7% (the national average is 3.8%). As a result, the costs were € 175,000. Bicsma is therefore keen to reduce absenteeism to less than 3% in three years time.
- The inventory management system of the Purchase department has already been written off and will be replaced by a new one. No decision has been made yet regarding the preference for a particular package or for integration in the SAP ERP system. This is because there are doubts about the usability of a number of the options suggested. As soon as an agreement has been reached between Purchase and Distribution, however, a new system will be acquired.
- The client portal is becoming increasingly important in the company’s relations with its customers and the management of the orders. Since this issue is highly relevant in terms of cost reduction, Bicsma aims to have its client portal deal with 80% of the intake and management of the orders within 2 years.